Choose any of the 3 Tragedy plays (Shakespeare, Hamlet, Sophocles, Oedipus the King, or Williams, A Streetcar Named Desire as your primary source to write a critical analysis. You may also use several plays by one author or similar plays for comparison. Focus your analysis on the theme or main idea of a play or plays. Also see the cyber actives in the respective modules to get a better understanding of critical theory as it applies to contemporary literary criticism.
Things You Should Consider When Writing Research Essay
* Make an original title that reflects your thesis or take on the work.
* Make your thesis focus on the theme or main idea of the works.
* Use quotations from the short story to illustrate your body paragraphs.
* Be sure to introduce your body paragraphs with topic sentences and introduce quotations using your own words.
* Follow quotations with commentary and interpretation in your own words.
* End body paragraphs with a tie-in to your thesis statement.
* Finish essay with summary/conclusion: Summarize main points.
* Document primary sources with parenthetical citations and a Works Cited.
* Follow MLA format for both- using author’s last name in parenthetical citations.
* Cite full source information in a Works Cited.
Add secondary source criticism from others to write a critical analysis. This means that you will need to select a play that others have written literary criticism about. Carefully add their ideas and insights into your own thematic focus and be sure to cite your secondary sources that you paraphrase, as well as the primary sources your quote. Follow these suggestions in writing a critical analysis:
* Use quotation marks around exact wording from borrowed sources. Try to control your borrowed sources by using less that 30% from sources and 70% using your own interpretation and commentary.
* Save your secondary sources for body paragraphs, always introducing and concluding paragraphs in your own words.
* Control secondary sources in your own thematic focus, structure, and organization by developing your thesis throughout your essay.
* Document both primary and secondary sources using parenthetical citations after the sentences they occur and in a Works Cited. Follow MLA format.
A-Research-Paper.com is committed to deliver a custom paper/essay which is 100% original and deliver it within the deadline. Place your custom order with us and experience the different; You are guaranteed; value for your money and a premium paper which meets your expectations, 24/7 customer support and communication with your writer. Order Now
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.