The truck has a purchase price of $60,000 and a useful life of 4 years and a zero salvage value.
Barnaby can borrow to buy the truck for $60,000 or lease the truck for $15,000 for 4 years, paid at the beginning of each year.
If debt is used to buy the truck, Barnaby can borrow at 8% annual interest, with payments at the end of each year. The marginal tax rate for the firm is 40%. The asset is classified as a 3-year cost recovery asset for depreciation purposes. According to the current tax laws, Barnaby is allowed to use MACRS depreciation with 30% rate for year one, 45% for year two, 20% for year three and 5% for year four. There will be no salvage value at the end of the fourth year.
1. What is the annual cost, before any tax considerations, of the lease option? Are there any tax considerations and if so, what is the after tax annual cost of the lease agreement? Explain your answer.
2. What is the total cost of leasing the truck today?
3. What are the annual cash flows if the truck is purchased with debt financing?
4. What is the cost of purchasing the truck with debt financing today?
5. Make a recommendation to your boss as to whether the company should buy or lease the truck. Justify your recommendations.
Present your analysis of the assigned problems in Excel format. Enter non-numerical responses in the same worksheet using textboxes.
A-Research-Paper.com is committed to deliver a custom paper/essay which is 100% original and deliver it within the deadline. Place your custom order with us and experience the different; You are guaranteed; value for your money and a premium paper which meets your expectations, 24/7 customer support and communication with your writer. Order Now
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.