1. The music of Aaron Copland is considered by many people to express qualities that are distinctly American. Listen to a sample of Copland’s sound on YouTube and describe what you think contributes to this perception (consider elements such as melody, instrumentation, subjects (where present), folk, and other source influences).
2. It has been suggested that many of the art pieces found in depict violence inherent in the human condition. State your opinion and discuss if violence can be controlled or instigated. Provide examples (show the images) from the twentieth-century to show how art works to foster violence or peace.
3. Research the art of the revolutionary Latin American mural painters such as Diego Rivera, Jose Clemente Orozco, and Rufino Tamayo. Provide visual examples (1 each) of how each artist used art as a vehicle of social protest.
4. Explain how Picasso’s Guernica constitutes a universal indictment of war when the painting itself includes no objects that are directly associated with modern warfare (use examples of elements in the painting to support your argument).
5. Compare the representation of women in these three works: (1) Sumerian votive sculptures, (2) Earth Mother fetishes, and (3) De Kooning’s Woman and Bicycle. Describe what the three samples have in common and what this suggests about the artists perceptions of women.
A-Research-Paper.com is committed to deliver a custom paper/essay which is 100% original and deliver it within the deadline. Place your custom order with us and experience the different; You are guaranteed; value for your money and a premium paper which meets your expectations, 24/7 customer support and communication with your writer. Order Now
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.