Answer the 10 questions below, and show all work via an excel worksheet
Assess choices made by Blockbuster and Show impact on Earnings Per Share
1) What is Blockbuster’s amortization timetable? Do you think it is appropriate?
2) What would be the impact on Blockbuster’s 1988 earnings per share if 5 year amortization were applied to this goodwill?
3) What would have been the effect on earnings per share if Video Superstore purchases were not included in 1988 revenues?
4) Over what period does BV depreciate its “base stock” videotapes?
5) What was the effect on earnings per share of the change in depreciation method for “hit” tapes (assume that hit tapes made up 25% of new tape purchases, and that the average hit tape was owned for half the year)?
6) What was the effect on earnings per share of these sales to franchisees?
7) What was the effect on 1988 earnings per share, of the non-recurring items: area development fees and initial franchise fees?
8) What would BV’s 1988 earnings per share be after all of the above adjustments?
9) Ignoring #3 above, what would BV’s 1988 earnings per share be after the above adjustments?
10) What would BV’s Price/Earnings ratio be, given all of the above adjustments (including #3)?
A-Research-Paper.com is committed to deliver a custom paper/essay which is 100% original and deliver it within the deadline. Place your custom order with us and experience the different; You are guaranteed; value for your money and a premium paper which meets your expectations, 24/7 customer support and communication with your writer. Order Now
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.