This is my IB History Internal Assessment. So make sure you know how to write an IB history Internal Assessment. It’s supposed to be split into 5 parts. Part A – Plan of Investigation (150 words maximum) Part B – Summary of Evidence (600 words maximum) Part C – Evaluation of Sources (400 maximum) in this section you do an OPVL on two sources that you used (one primary one secondary source) Also these sources must be in your summary of evidence which is Part B. Part D – Analysis (650 words maximum) and Part E (200 maximum) – is Conclusion. Part F – is works cited.
Here is what each part must consist of
A Plan of the investigation
This is a relatively brief but important section. A sharply focused question and a clearly structured plan will be
more likely to produce a successful investigation. It is also very important to note information regarding the
10 year rule as outlined in the section “Internal assessment details—SL and HL” of the guide.
• state the topic of the investigation, which should be formulated as a question; it could be useful to provide
a rationale for the choice of the selected topic for investigation
• define the scope of the investigation; identify themes or areas of investigation to be undertaken in order to
reach an effective and successful conclusion to the investigation
• explain the method of the investigation by stating the ways in which themes or areas will be analyzed.
• Identify the two sources to be evaluated and their value to the investigation
B Summary of evidence
This section should be organised, referenced and provide evidence of thorough research. This can be in either
a bulleted list or continuous prose.
This section should consist of factual material that is:
• drawn from sources that are appropriate for the investigation; sources should be sufficient to provide an
in-depth understanding of the topic and clearly related to the question
• correctly and consistently referenced
• organised thematically or chronologically.
C Evaluation of sources
The two sources chosen for this section could be, for example, written, oral, visual or archeological. The
purpose of this section is to assess the usefulness of the sources but not to describe their content or nature.
Each source can be referred to in a separate paragraph or both sources can be evaluated in a running
This section should consist of:
• a critical evaluation of two important sources appropriate to the investigation
• explicit reference to the origin, purpose, value and limitation of the selected sources. (OPVL)
This section should consist of:
• an analysis that breaks down complex issues in order to bring out the essential elements, any underlying
assumptions and any interrelationships involved
• an understanding of the issue in its historical context
• a critical examination of the factual material presented in section B
• an awareness of the significance of the sources used, especially those evaluated in section C
• a consideration of different interpretations of evidence, where appropriate.
Information should be correctly and consistently referenced.
This section requires an answer or conclusion to the research question, based on the evidence presented.
The conclusion must be clearly stated, consistent with the evidence presented and relevant to the research
F Sources and word limit
There should be accurate and consistent referencing throughout the investigation. All sources, whether written
or otherwise (including interviews), should be listed.
A bibliography or list of sources and all citations, using one standard method, must be included; any
illustrations, documents, or other supporting evidence should be included in an appendix. None of these will
form part of the word count. The word count for the investigation must be clearly and accurately stated on the
Also all sources you use must come from questia.com. Except for websites everything must come from questia.com.
Also use the following sources:
– Diplomacy by Henry Kissenger
– Stalin the Breaker of Nations by Robert Conquest.
A-Research-Paper.com is committed to deliver a custom paper/essay which is 100% original and deliver it within the deadline. Place your custom order with us and experience the different; You are guaranteed; value for your money and a premium paper which meets your expectations, 24/7 customer support and communication with your writer. Order Now
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.